Once treatment has been completed and your symptoms have subsided, your tooth needs to be permanently restored. After leaving our office, a temporary restoration was placed in your tooth. This restoration is only intended to last a couple of weeks. Please contact your dentist to schedule a follow up appointment. The treatment report will be emailed to your dentist.
As part of your root canal procedure, we like to evaluate you for a yearly follow up. This appointment will only require a few minutes and does not have a fee. If your provided your email address, we will send you a reminder for your yearly re-evaluation.
As a reminder follow these rules:
- Do not chew or bite on the treated tooth until it is restored by your dentist.
- Continue to brush and floss your teeth
- Contact our office if you feel that the entire temporary filling has fallen out. It is normal for a little of the filling to wear away.
Contact our office immediately if:
- Visible swelling occurs
- You develop a rash or itching
- Return of the original symptoms
- Significant pain
- Bite feels high, rough, or uneven